- This Website is intended for use by Australian residents only, aged 18 years and over. You should note that this Website (including products, price references and product descriptions) is frequently updated. Products may be withdrawn at any time, without notice.
- You can apply for several products via this Website. These products are not provided by us but are instead provided by third parties over whom we do not have control. It is your responsibility to satisfy yourself that you wish to obtain any product before doing so. Before deciding to purchase a product, you should consult the relevant product documents. The presence of a product on this Website does not constitute an endorsement by us of the provider, the product, the content of the provider’s website, or the activities of the provider.
- All product prices are quoted in Australian dollars.
- We are not responsible or liable for any loss or damage you or any third party may suffer or incur in connection with any product you obtain after using this Website or for any acts, omissions, errors or defaults of any third party in connection with that product.
- This Website contains statements regarding the terms of the products, including features and inclusions. Some of these statements are generalised in order to give you a summary of the products being compared. However, not all products are the same and you should confirm the exact terms of any product that you intend to purchase prior to purchasing that product. The product information supplied on the website is available only to Australian residents.
- By submitting your personal details through this Website, you can make an offer to obtain a product from a third-party provider. That offer may be accepted or rejected. The contract for the product will only be concluded once your offer has been accepted by the relevant third-party provider. If your offer is accepted then the product will be provided to you, subject to the third-party provider’s terms and conditions. You will receive written confirmation if your offer has been accepted.
- Our service on this Website enables you to research and compare health insurance, energy, and broadband products, all of which are provided by third parties.
- Our service on this Website enables you to click through to a range of partners.
- Our comparison service is free for you to use. We receive payment from the third-party product providers when you use our service to purchase products from them.
- You are not permitted to do anything that may affect the security of this Website, or any information or material stored within it.
- You agree not to:
- Use any automated tool (such as a spider, robot or aggregation tool) to access, copy or extract such information;
- Use any method or process (including data scraping, collection or accumulation tool, robot, spider or scripted responses) for the purpose of obtaining, processing, copying, replicating, distributing, reconfiguring, republishing, viewing, assessing, analysing, modifying or repackaging any Website content;
- Use any method or process to consolidate or combine any Website content with any other content, data, information, images or material;
- Reverse engineer, disassemble or otherwise attempt to construct or identify this Website’s source code, formulas or processes;
- Use systematic, repetitive or any other methods which are designed to obtain a large number of quotes, comparisons, rankings or other pricing and related information from this Website;
- Use, obtain or attempt to obtain from this Website, information in order to identify or discover pricing, underwriting, rating and related business methodology or systems; or
- Post, distribute or send any ‘spamming material’ or any other form of bulk communication.
- You are not permitted to use this Website in any unlawful or fraudulent manner.
- You agree that if you provide any information on this Website, that information will be true, accurate and complete.
- Health.Compare does not offer financial, investment or other advice. Nothing on this Website constitutes financial, investment or other advice by us in relation to any product.
- This Website is intended to be used for comparison and research purposes, but Health.Compare is not able to bind any third-party provider or ensure that any third party provider sells any product to you. Accordingly, nothing on this Website amounts to an offer by us or any third-party provider to:
- Sell any product to you; or
- Enter into any contract with you.
- The word or mark “Health.compare” however represented, all associated logos and symbols, and any combinations with another word or mark, are the trademarks of Health.compare or an associated company.
- All intellectual property rights in any material or content contained in or accessible via this Website is either owned by Health.compare or has been licensed to us for use by us.
- You will only make fair use of the trademarks on this Website and will not use them:
- As part of your own marks.
- In a manner which is likely to cause confusion or damage to the reputation of Health.compare; or
- To identify or imply endorsement or otherwise of products or services to which they do not relate.
- This Website, content and services are supplied to you on a strictly “as is” basis and we make no warranties, express or implied, regarding their satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, reliability, timeliness, accuracy, completeness, security or that they are free from error.
- We try to ensure that the information displayed on this Website is accurate, however your access to this Website and any action you carry out on the basis of information you obtain from this Website is carried out entirely at your own risk and we accept no liability for any losses that you may suffer as a result.
- We do not give any warranty that the Website is free from viruses or anything else which may have a harmful effect on any technology.
- We aim to provide uninterrupted access to this Website but we give no warranty as to the uninterrupted availability of this Website. We reserve the right to suspend, restrict or terminate your access to this Website at any time.
- We will not be liable for any loss of use, profits or data or any indirect, special or consequential damages or losses, whether such losses or damages arise in contract, negligence or tort, or otherwise in relation to:
- Your use of, reliance upon or inability to use this Website or content;
- The deletion with or without notice or cause of any of your data or information stored on this Website;
- Any loss of your content or communications resulting from delays, non-deliveries, missed deliveries, service interruptions or a failure, suspension or withdrawal of all or part of this Website at any time;
- The removal from this Website of any content or communications sent or posted by you on or via this Website;
- Any circumstance that is outside of our reasonable control; and
- Any loss or damage that is not directly caused by us or which we could not reasonably expect at the time we entered into our agreement with you.
- We have several links on this Website. These may take you to other websites. The purpose of these links is to provide you with easy access to further information you may need in making your purchase decision. In no circumstances do we make representations about the accuracy of any information contained on any other websites. We exclude all liability for any loss, damage, cost or expense you incur in accessing or attempting to access a third-party site.
- If you have any questions concerning this Website or the services and products we provide, please contact us.
Terms and Conditions
Schedule of defined terms
Referrers and Referreds
A health insurance policy for hospital cover, or for hospital cover and extras
Privacy Act 1988 (Cth)
Refer-a-Friend incentive promotion for Referrer to refer a Referred to the Promoter for purchase by the Referred of a Policy through the Promoter
Health.Compare Pty Ltd ACN 630 657 877
Existingcustomer(s) of the Promoter who have previously used the Service to procure a Policy
New customer(s) of the Promoter who have been referred to the Promoter by a Referrer
Health insurance comparison services provided by the Promoter
1. To be eligible for participation in the Promotion, Participants must:
a. be at least 18 years of age: and
b. comply with and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
2. To be eligible for participation in the Promotion, the Referred must also:
a. not be an existing customer of the Promoter;
b. have provided consent for the Referrer to provide his or her details to the Promoter for the purposes of the Referred being contacted by the Promoter;
c. purchase a Policy through the Promoter as part of the Promotion; and
d. continuously hold the Policy for a period of 60 days from the commencement date of the relevant Policy.
3. Subject to these terms and conditions, if the Referred meets the eligibility criteria specified in the paragraph above, the Participants will be eligible for the Incentive.
4. Following the conclusion of the 60 days from the commencement date of the relevant Policy, eligible Participants will receive an email from the Promoter containing a link to, and instructions relating to the digital activation of, their applicable Incentive.
5. Incentives that are not activated or redeemed within 120 days after the date of the activation email cannot be re-activated, extended or refunded in any way.
7. The Promoter may at any time verify the validity of Referred Participants and conduct all required “Know your Customer” checks, including verification of a person’s age, full name, residential address and date of birth.
8. The Promotion is not available in conjunction with any other promotion, and the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any Participant from receiving an Incentive:
a. if it suspects fraudulent activity on the part of that Participant;
b. or a breach by them of these terms and conditions;
c. if the promoter determines in its reasonable opinion the Participant has not acted in good faith; or
d. for any false or misleading conduct of any kind on the part of that Participant.
9. Each Incentive is not reloadable, transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash. If an Incentive or receipt of it incurs a tax liability, the relevant Participant is liable for payment of such tax.
10. Any Incentive supplied by a third party supplier is subject to the terms and conditions of that third party supplier.
11. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion or subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate, or cancel the Promotion at any time without notice and without liability to any Participant or other person, subject to applicable laws.
12. The Promoter, (including its officers, employees and agents) will not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss) for any theft, unauthorised access, third party interference, any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction, or personal injury (including loss of opportunity) suffered or sustained, in connection with the Promotion, the receipt, acceptance or use of the Incentive (whether negligent or not) of the Promoter or officers, employees or agents, except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law.
13. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the Incentive with another incentive of equivalent value.
14. The Referrer indemnifies the Promoter for any loss or claim arising out of the Referrer’s failure to notify and procure the consent of the Referred under paragraph 2(b) of these terms and conditions.
15. Employees and any related parties to the Promoter or its contracting third parties working directly for the Promoter are not eligible to participate in the Promotion.
16. These terms and conditions are governed by the laws in force in NSW, Australia.
- For Health insurance advice Health.Compare have partnered with The ItsMy Group (IMG). IMG have relationships with the health funds that form our panel.
- If a Health.Compare insurance advisor assists you by:
- advising you of a more suitable product with one of our partner Health funds
- and you join that partner fund – (to view the partner funds click here
- IMG receive a payment from that fund when you join them and they pass that fee on to us. For most funds this is a one-off fee but it can also be paid in increments over several years.
- Our health insurance advisors do not know how much we are paid by the fund they recommend, that is kept completely confidential from them.
- Our service can be viewed as another marketing channel for health funds, but importantly you don’t pay anything extra to the health fund on top of your premium as a result of joining them through us.
- Both the Health.Compare and IMG are signatories to the Private Health insurance Intermediaries association code of conduct