Each calendar year, your extras cover on your private health policy resets on January 1. Some funds vary, but mostly all extras policies reset around this time. Extras policies can cover such services as dental, optical, and physiotherapy. So, what can you do if you’ve exhausted all your extras limits for this year? Don’t worry, there are still options available to you. Let’s explore some practical solutions to help out if you’ve used up all your extras cover.
Prioritise essential treatments:
1. When you’ve exhausted your extras limits, it’s important to plan ahead so you know when the limits reset and prioritise your essential treatments. Focus on services that are necessary for your health and well-being. For example, if you have ongoing dental issues, make sure to book your regular check-ups to avoid extra out-of-pocket expenses if you need extra fillings or dental work done. By prioritising essential treatments, you can ensure that you’re taking care of your health while making the most of the coverage you have left before the ailment becomes a major issue.
Source discounted packages from health providers:
2. Look for professionals who offer competitive rates or discounted packages. Some providers may also offer a combination of bulk-billing and payment plans to help out. By researching and comparing different provider options, you might find more affordable alternatives for the health services you need.
Review your policy:
3. Take the time to review your current private health policy. Check if there are any additional benefits or options that you may have overlooked. Some policies offer loyalty bonuses or additional coverage for specific services. By understanding the details of your extras component of your private health policy, you can make informed decisions about utilising your benefits and potentially find hidden perks that you haven’t taken advantage of yet.
Consider waiting until the new year:
4. If you’ve exhausted all your extras limits and can afford to wait, you may consider postponing non-urgent treatments until the new year. By doing so, you’ll be able to take advantage of the refreshed limits and maximise your extras coverage once it resets.
Seek professional advice:
5. Talk to your private health fund, they can provide guidance based on your specific policy and circumstances. They’ll help you navigate the policy, understand your options, and give suggestions for strategies to make the most of your extras coverage.
Reaching the extras limits on your private health cover doesn’t mean you’re out of options. By prioritising essential treatments, exploring alternative providers, reviewing your policy or waiting until the new year, you can still make the most of your coverage. Remember, the key is to be proactive when it comes to your healthcare needs and plan ahead.
Chat to us Today